KDW Cares Clothing Closet
We are excited to announce that our new outreach initiative, KDW Cares Clothing Closet, will launch in June 2020.
Vision: We will provide gently used clothing, shoes, as well as new underwear, socks, and hygiene / personal care products to the individuals and families in the Greater Baltimore Metropolitan community who are struggling financially.
Like food and shelter, clothing is a basic need and unfortunately, there are thousands of people (adults and children) in the Baltimore area that do not have adequate, clean, quality clothing to wear. We plan to provide access to the KDW Cares Clothing Closet at a physical space and via a mobile van “pop-up” in communities.
As we prepare to launch this initiative to support the community, we are asking for your support. You can make a monetary donation by clicking the button below. In addition, you’ll also find a list of materials that are needed for the KDW Cares Clothing Closet. If you can make a monetary donation to cover the costs the items or if you can make an in-kind donation of these items, we would greatly appreciate it.
2020 Holiday Clothes Drive to Benefit Children & Families
Learn more about The Family Recovery Program, Inc. at the Sage Center which supports the family reunification process by offering specialized programs to meet the recovery and life skill needs of the parents.
- By June 2020, the KDW Cares Clothing Closet Program will launch a Back to School Clothing Drive to all communities the opportunity to school shop for Back to School clothing for free.
- By August 2020, the KDW Cares Clothing Closet Program will be fully operating to provide clothing to the community organizations in need of clothing for families and individuals in need.
Below are some ideas of goods and equipment that we would want to have available for the KDW Cares Mobile Clothing Closet. Note that many, but not all, of the items are things that the community could donate from their own closets and homes. We will be establishing a permanent donation site for this purpose in the future as we progress along with the launch of KDW Cares Clothing Closet.
- Storage shelves to keep the clothes clean and organized
- Storage bins to organize smaller items such as socks and underwear
- Hanging racks or bars
- Easy-to-read labels/signs for organization (multilingual if applicable)
- New Socks
- New Underclothes
- Coats and jackets
- Hats and gloves
- “Interview” clothes
- Dental floss
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Combs & Brushes
- Shaving cream
- Baby wipes
- Feminine products
Cleaning Transport Supplies
- Handcart for transporting deliveries
- Bags for customers to transport delicate items they receive
- Access to a washing machine and dryer
- Funding for Laundery & Dry Cleaning