KDW Cares Clothing Closet
Our outreach initiative, KDW Cares Clothing Closet, launched in June 2020, and we are thankful for each individual and organization that has and continues to support our efforts.
Vision: We will provide gently used clothing, shoes, as well as new underwear, socks, and hygiene / personal care products to the individuals and families in the Greater Baltimore Metropolitan community who are struggling financially.
Food, shelter, and clothing are basic needs. Unfortunately, there are thousands of people (adults and children) in the Baltimore area that do not have adequate, clean, quality clothing to wear. Therefore, we currently collect, clean, and distribute gently used (and new) clothing, shoes, and accessories to individuals who are in need of clothing. We also partner with other community-based organizations that serve under-served people who could benefit from clothing. We plan to launch “pop-up” clothing distribution days in communities once we raise funding to acquire a mobile van, which we help us serve more people directly.
As we have continue to expand our capabilities to serve more people through the KDW Cares Clothing Closet initiative, we ask for your support. You can make a monetary donation by clicking the button below. In addition, you’ll also find a list of materials that are needed for the KDW Cares Clothing Closet. If you can make a monetary donation to cover the costs of the items, or if you can make an in-kind donation of these items, we would greatly appreciate it.
- By 2023, the KDW Cares Clothing Closet Program will expand it’s Back-to-School Clothing Drive to 3 partner schools to give families the opportunity to school shop for Back to School clothing for free.
- By 2023, the KDW Cares Clothing Closet Program will be fully acquire a mobile van to operate “pop-up” clothing distribution directly to families and individual in need (in the community and at sites of partner community organizations).
Below are some ideas of goods and equipment that we would want to have available for the KDW Cares Mobile Clothing Closet. Note that many, but not all, of the items are things that the community could donate from their own closets and homes. We will be establishing a permanent donation site for this purpose in the future as we progress along with the launch of KDW Cares Clothing Closet.
- Storage shelves to keep the clothes clean and organized
- Storage bins to organize smaller items such as socks and underwear
- Hanging racks or bars
- Easy-to-read labels/signs for organization (multilingual if applicable)
- New Socks
- New Underclothes
- Coats and jackets
- Hats and gloves
- “Interview” clothes
- Dental floss
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Combs & Brushes
- Shaving cream
- Baby wipes
- Feminine products
Cleaning Transport Supplies
- Handcart for transporting deliveries
- Bags for customers to transport delicate items they receive
- Access to a washing machine and dryer
- Funding for Laundery & Dry Cleaning